Terrin Liwag

South House

Topic: Pediatrics

EQ: What is the best way to be a successful pediatrician?

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Blog #2: Interview Check

Q: Who are you interviewing and why?
A: I am interviewing my family pediatrician, Dr. Amjad Mafoud of . My brother and I have been going to him since we were around six years old and he is currently my service learning mentor. I chose to interview him because I've known him for so long and because he is a very well established physician who has been practicing for over twenty years. I shadow him about 2-3 times a week and have become very familiar with him and his office so he was immediately my first pick when I found out I needed an interview. While shadowing, he lets me come into the patients room, teaches me directly while checking the patient, and lets me use tools like the stethoscope to hear the lungs and heartbeat for myself. He is a great teacher and answers all my questions in a direct and complete manner so choosing him was a no brainer.


Q: What additional questions will you ask them (in addition to the 5 we require)
A: I'm planning on asking him:
      1)what I should expect as far as education goes for medicine?
      2)What major does he recommend I take?
      3)What got you into the field?
      4)Is it a rewarding career in the long run and are you satisfied with what you do?


Edit:
I've decided to hold off on interviewing Dr. Mafoud and have now chosen to interview Irene Rojas, OM. She has been a great and knowledgeable person to work with at the medical office when I am not shadowing the pediatricians. She has shown me what doctors and nurses have to do outside the patient room as far as dealing with insurance, filing out patient forms and things of that nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment